Friday, May 01, 2015

50 Shades of Sandy

 

 

Very little is black and white for me.

 

  • I am anti corporate greed, not anti-corporations.
  • I am anti organized religion, not anti-gods that stay out of my business.
  • I am anti Republicans. Okay, that one is black and not likely to change. However, my being anti-Republicans doesn't mean that should they decide to agree with something that I think is a good idea I am going to automatically discard that idea. Because that would be stupid.
  • I am anti stupid. Another one that is almost black. I do happen to like a few stupid people.
  • I am anti hypocrites. That means I will not be one. If I think something sucks when Republicans do it, I will also think it sucks if Democrats do it. (That also goes for people who occasionally switch their party affiliation for self-serving reasons.)
  • I am anti giving people who take short cuts the same credit that people who do the work get. For example, I don't think Mitch McConnell, who refused to read the ACA should get to speak about it with the same authority or respect as John Yarmuth, who not only read every version but could also recite it almost word for word and explain it. I don't think people who glance at a meme and say they haven't had time to 'check it out' should try to correct people who have done the research, read the articles, visited the actual source, listened to the speeches and interviews, and discussed the topic with others who have done the same.
  • I am anti-war when it comes to invading other countries for no good reason, is based on lies, is to settle an embarrassing perceived debt for someone's daddy, or is out of some weird sense of payback. I am not anti-war if it is to protect lives.
  • I am pro union, but I can disagree with them on some things. Sometimes, they disagree with one another.

     

To update as I remember the things that aren't coming to mind right away.

No comments:

JCPS BusGate