Thursday, September 15, 2016

Open Letter to Dr. Oz





Dear Dr. Oz:

In recent years, I have defended you, often, not because I knew you were innocent of the accusations made against you but because I knew the people making them did not have sufficient information to make them. I'm embarrassed.

I did not watch your program today because I don't watch anyone who interviews Donald Trump. He is so offensive that it makes makes me physically and emotionally sick. I waited to read about it. Since you managed to make headlines, and those headlines said absolutely nothing about you recommending that Donald Trump undergo and release a thorough psychiatric evaluation, I know now that your target audience has to be people who care nothing about having sufficient information with which to make important decisions. So, I will no longer defend you. I will probably join the people you obviously appreciate. 

There is no doubt to lay people that Trump has demonstrated the need for psychiatric evaluation so why would you, with your M.D., not recognize and point this out? The word quack has been thrown at you often and I really hate that this is one of the the things I rejected most vocally. Self-serving is one thing that I don’t recall hearing used against you but I will suggest it. Maybe your ratings were that bad? You needed to entertain the loose-hinged, unqualified, racist misogynist for attention? Whatever your reason, it reduced you to pathetic and not worth defending ever again.

1 comment:

nanis said...

I agree 100%.

JCPS BusGate