Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT (and call for help) – Courier Journal Does Not Have Time to Speak With Me

As I lay soaking in the tub this weekend, totally unaware of my latent yearning to subscribe to the Courier-Journal, the phone rang. I decided to hop out and answer that ringing phone, since my answering machine did not pick up and a close friend was in intensive care.

Fortunately, it was good news. Someone in the Courier-Journal sales department had received the psychic message I had inadvertently sent and called me. The call went as follows:

Me: Hello

Caller: Nothing

Me: Hello

Computer voice: Hello. This is a sales call. Our representatives are busy at the moment and will call you later.

Me: (a bunch of stuff I can’t say here unless I flag this for adult content)

After thinking about my rude behavior, I realized I should do something to make up for cussing at that recording. If the Courier-Journal cares enough about me to let me know when they do not have time to speak with me, I should return that favor.

I have called them (502) 585-1763 three times so far today to let them know I am too busy to talk but will call back later.

If anyone else is looking for a Random Act of Kindness activity, I hope you will let them know when you don’t have time to speak with them.

2 comments:

suaros said...

Love the redesign of your page, Sandy. Just dropping by to read this laugh 'til you hiccup article. It's late and I can't think of anything clever to say. Only that I loved this piece. I have a few phone stories as well. I think we all do. Yours are just more entertaining than most.

Sandy Knauer said...

Thank you, Suaros. I've played with the different designs and think this one is easier to read than the others have been. (Wish I could figure out how to make the font on the right-hand column smaller.)

I would love to hear your phone call stories.

JCPS BusGate