Thursday, August 06, 2015

GOP Debate 2016 (updated)





I don’t play drinking games. Even if I did, I would probably abstain when it comes to things that matter as much as political debates. That might be because I don’t handle alcohol well, though.

I’m sure there will be a number of laugh-out-loud and cry inside moments that will cancel each other out, and that will surely become fodder for meme pushers. I’ll react with appropriate pointing and laughing and clutching my chest in pain. More importantly, though, I’ll be treating this like the potential life-altering event that it is. One of the clowns could very well have a great deal of power over my life one day. And that matters. 

My suggestions for watching debates:

·         Take notes
·         Fact-check those notes when the debate is over
·         Reflect on how the promises made would affect the lives of everyone concerned
·         Assume the candidates/applicants/auditioners mean every word they say and hold them accountable
·         Discuss the debate (in real words – how sad that it is necessary to request this) as a serious event that affects the world – because it is



8/7/15, post debate

·         Six of the second strong are either unable to count to two, or they think the silly questions don’t apply to them. I’m going with both.
·         My favorite moments were when Christie and Trump made Rand Paul look like the deranged, demented, whiny, extremely dangerous brat he is because I really dislike Rand Paul (and his father).
·         Rubio appeared to be auditioning for a musical. Can’t wait for next time to see if he actually sheds a few tears and breaks into song.


No comments:

JCPS BusGate