Friday, December 12, 2014

Get Out


Get Out (previously posted on Gather)

 

I won't suggest that anyone who doesn't share my religion or political beliefs get out of my country. First of all, no other country deserves our broken citizens. More importantly, I haven't reached the point of delusion necessary to believe I am the boss of the country, nor do I don't subscribe to the Christian value system that promotes such hypocritical ranting.

Instead of asking them to leave, I'd like to make a proposal. If they agree to live by what they wish on others, I'll leave when they say the plan is working well enough for them that they want to keep it forever.
 
I wish them twelve-hour lines at the polls next election, and four-hour lines at their banks.

I wish them bank statements that are as accurate as the voting machines in Ohio and Florida.
 
I wish them a spouse with Tom Delay's integrity, Mitch McConnell's warmth, and Dick Cheney's sex appeal.

I wish them a false arrest, an attorney with George Bush's respect for the law, and a judge with Donald Rumsfeld's idea of fairness.
 
I wish them children who respect them as much as George Bush respects the truth.
 
I wish them the same drinking water the people in Iraq and Afghanistan are drinking today.
 
I wish them an angry, jobless, hungry, desperate next-door neighbor with an assault riffle and a George Bush attitude.
 
I wish them no health care plan, surgery with no anesthesia, and a shortage of despicable trial lawyers available to defile the system in their name.
 
I hope everyone they meet treats them with the same respect George Bush has for the constitution, and another year of life for every word of the constitution he can repeat with his eyes closed and no box on his back.

 I wish them everything they honestly believe George Bush wishes for the man holding the will work for food sign.

 
I wish them a post-op nurse with a Bush twin level of responsibility, sobriety, and compassion.
 
I wish them a face as beautiful as Barbara Bush's mind, and a daughter as beautiful as her face.
 
I wish them employees who work George Bush's schedule. On the mean side, I wish them a toothache every day he's on vacation and a migraine each time he lies.
 
I wish them the right to preach about their God, loudly, in public, as long as they agree to accept a sleepless night each time their actions or thoughts defy what he is supposed to represent.
 
I wish them joy in posting those commandments that they can't seem to remember or obey, as soon as they stop killing people in my name so they won't look like hypocrites.
 
I wish them a long, all expenses paid vacation at Abu Graib.
 
Something tells me I'll hear from some very confused people who think I'm cruel.
 
Sandy Knauer



 

No comments:

JCPS BusGate