Saturday, July 25, 2015

Why I Support Hillary Clinton (from the archives)



            I support Hillary Clinton because she speaks to individual needs with a convincing understanding of what life is like on each rung of the American ladder. I believe she knows me, and everyone who is not like me. While speaking directly to the lives of individuals, the solutions she offers indicate to me that she has looked for what is best for everyone concerned, and her everyone includes the world. This tells me Hillary Clinton is wise and caring – two things that I look for in a leader.
            I support Hillary Clinton because she demonstrates extraordinary strength and independence, carefully balanced by loyalty and intelligence. Her ability to function under extreme pressure with grace, dignity, and kindness is remarkable. I want an intelligent leader who maintains dignity under pressure.
            I support Hillary Clinton because I believe she has one foot planted firmly on each side of the line that divides this country. As much as I would love to see her hug a tree with one arm while she signs off on universal health care and education with the other, I respect her for not promising more than she knows she can deliver during this division. Re-uniting this country is probably the biggest challenge (well, after hoping the votes are counted) the winner of the next election faces. I believe she can do that.
            I support Hillary Clinton because I believe I can sleep at night with my life in her hands. I do not expect her to sneak a hidden agenda through while I’m sleeping; do not think I will have to worry about what she had done behind my back when I wasn’t watching; and do not fear her decisions. I expect her to be a public servant, a representative of WE THE PEOPLE, not to think that her position is about power – or about HER.
            I support Hillary Clinton because, even if I do not agree with all of her positions, I trust her to think, to listen, to learn, to grow, and to explain. I think she will tell me the truth, even if it is not what I want to hear.
            I support Hillary Clinton because she is successful, as an individual, as a partner, and as a politician. I think she would make a great friend. I believe in her and I respect her. I want a leader that I can respect.
            I am fortunate that my party gives me great choices. I trust and respect Hillary Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden.

Sandy Knauer 2007

No comments:

JCPS BusGate